2012/10/08

new start with a new job

interview, interview and interview
it's about 6 times i get interviewed
and this time I just picked only-advertising agency in my interview list

and all the advertising agencies I interviewed are located in PJ
it's not easy to go PJ for work as you know there is horrible traffic jam every day and night


SYM World http://www.symworld.com.my/
A advertising agency located at PJ SS2 with systematic management
the conditions offered to me is the best ever I met
too bad last minute the HR Department replied me that they will put the recruitment on hold due to some changes in creative team
so I guess I have to find another 1...


Worthy Book http://www.facebook.com/worthybook / http://www.worthybook.my/
A Food Directory magazine with the voucher offered
it's very new magazine company as they were launched 2 years ago
the in-charged person told me that they are thinking design a Ladies Editions for this year and coming year
and showing their cover design to me and asked me to design it with my own style as a test
so here is their current design layout that done by their freelance designer (i guess)



and here's my design layout





Well, after I sent him my design layout and waited up 1 week time only get his reply. His replied saying that his team was impressed but too bad he offered me part time with RM20 per A5 page for just simple layout design. I was very quite disappointed with it, in fact I know the company is small enough that share under with other 2 companies. But, I still replied him agree with it with the conditions that I will only do his job during weekend as I had found a permanent job and still need extra money. (but until now I haven't get his reply so I guess he has found someone else)


Lastly, the job I currently working now is with the international advertising agency, McCann Erickson. (http://mccann.com/)
It totally surprised me when I saw the name of the company before I stepped in the office. I had no idea what company I interviewed with as it's listed as confidential company in jobstreet. Until I saw the name in front of their main door, it recalled my memory about how well known it is from the adsoftheworld website.

Actually I didn't expect that I get the opportunity to work under this big firm as the studio manager told me that my previous working experiences are totally different with what they're doing now. "woah... my 2 years experiences is nothing when comes to advertising company?" this is my first  thought when after he told me that. Unexpectedly, the studio manager called me up asked me to work as contract designer for 1-2 months when I was still busying for next interview.


Thanks for chance given and I get to learn more from different angle. However I still haven't get used to the working environment as it gave me oversea feeling even I had been there for 1 weeks and of course also the tiring traffic jam. Anyway, I will still do my best for the job and hope everything will getting better and better.





still wonder about the quote:
"do what you love,
love what you do "
what I want is just to enjoy it



没有评论:

发表评论